Planned Litters; CKC Registered; Healthy Socialized Pups
Our breeding’s are carefully planned and we aim to accomplish quality not quantity.
The Alaskan Malamute is a working breed. Optimal health is imperative to maintain them as such. It is our goal to produce healthy, functional, well socialized, adaptive and beautiful animals. Animals that will mature to become noble representations of the Alaskan Malamute breed.
Although we do not boast perfection, we feel it is our responsibility to make use of the resources available to us. We screen, monitor and do our best to achieve overall health and breed standard.
We are very conscientious about our health screening.
Our breeding mals are all certified against:
- OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) and BVA (British Veterinary Association) hip and elbow dysplasia
- OFA hereditary eye disease
- OFA thyroid disease
- OFA heart disease
- OFA patellar luxation (slipping of the knee caps)
- OFA Dentition (correct number of teeth and proper bite)
- DNA Testing for long coat gene and for Alaskan Malamute Polyneuropathy
- visit The Orthopedic Foundation for Animals for more detailed information on health testing for various breeds.
When choosing a suitable mate for our breeding’s we look for similar breeding philosophies, health interests and clearance standards shared by fellow breeders. We are also happy to discuss our vaccine protocols, nutrition and innovative health care approach.